Here's a video from last Sunday at Champoluc. I think there are a few things to notice. First, that I was able to get a video onto the blog. O'Doyle rules! Second, that the previous sentence was my second Adam Sandler reference in the blog. Ouch. Finally, we get to the important stuff.
There were a lot of people skiing on Sunday. The weekends were a lot more crowded than the weekdays. We had to wait about 45 minutes for one lift. Of course, this was a slow double chair that everyone had to take to get back to the base. Great organization, guys. But, Champoluc was closed Saturday due to high winds. I don't think closing an entire mountain is ever the correct call, but higher up on the mountain everything that hadn't been groomed was blown clean. Scary. Good thing Courmayeur didn't get that wind, or I wouldn't be skiing the Toula again this year. But, let's all keep in mind that they are all Euro weenies and will never ski anything tough.
You might also notice that all of the snow is in the middle of the trail. Euros wouldn't be able to create decent moguls if you spraypainted the snow for them. They just slide down the ice and push it into giant mounds. This is annoying, but means there is usually a narrow line of good snow somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment