Friday, April 27, 2007

Sorry Dana

It seems that my eulogy for ski season was a bit early.

We got five days of gorgeous weather, and although Courmayeur is now closed, Cervinia and La Thuile were still open, as is the Toula. Dana and I skinned around up high one morning and then skied the Toula in the afternoon, in snow conditions that we have called "breakable mush" or "bottomless corn". I don't know why it doesn't consolidate, but it is hard to ski because it sucks you under. I now present some brief videos of Dana on that run. Sorry, Dana.





And my Favorite: Watch the end...



Dana showed he could still rip it up, though. Here he is going down one of the steepest lines of the year at La Thuile on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Thanks for either completely ruining my chances for sponsorship or making my case stronger (see me blog entry titled "Dear Someone" and you'll get it). I guess the picture at the end makes up for it.

Also, it snowed up high last night. Not much, but dang it's pretty!